p2pnet view Open Source:- In the next release of Linux O/S Ubuntu 11.04, Unity — not Gnome — will be the default desktop interface. But it’s based on Gnome. Ubuntu founder Mark Shuttleworth, who’s also the owner of Canonical, the company behind it, “surprised the hundreds of Ubuntu programmers at the Ubuntu Developers Summit” when he announced Unity is Ubuntu’s new netbook interface”, says Computerworld .
Goodbye Gnome. Hello Unity.
Leave a Reply
Exclusive Usenet Offers: $7.95/month
- Fail: MPAA Makes Legal Content Unfindable In Google
- Swedes Prepare Record File-Sharing Prosecution
- U.S. Copyright Alert System Security Could Be Improved, Review Finds
- BitTorrent Users are Avid, Eclectic Content Buyers, Survey Finds
- Torrents Good For a Third of all Internet Traffic in Asia-Pacific
- BitTorrent Preps Sync Pro to Take on the Cloud
- U.S. Brands Kim Dotcom a Fugitive, ‘Spies’ on Others
- Court: $30,000 for Sharing a Pirated Movie is Excessive Punishment
- Artists and Labels Now Sue Chrysler Over CD-Ripping Cars
- If Illegal Sites Get Blocked Accidentally, Hard Luck Says Court