After years of being a great Bittorrent indexing site used by millions, today it decided to go offline for good. It is assumed that the pressure against file sharing related sites was the deciding factor. Thus it’s time to move on to BTJunkie alternatives.
Even though I rarely use torrents, when I use them I make sure the torrent site has a huge index so I can find something I could not find on Usenet or other networks. Here are some of the btjunkie alternatives I prefer:
My favorite since it’s launch in 2009. Clean modern interface with a solid index. Comments by users are a nice bonus.
A newcomer which sets it self apart from others by verified content including screenshots and more release info. Huge index and an open torrent site with a growing community.
It indeed provides the extras just like l337x.org but has less content to offer in my experience.
Despite it’s court ordered filter, still manages to deliver good search results.
Has a nice index with a clean interface, nothing more nothing less.
If you are serious about downloading, have a go at the free Usenet trial with unlimited speed and no download limit.
If you know any other worthy BTJunkie alternative torrent sites to report, please feel free to share with us.
3 comments on “The best BTJunkie alternatives”
Leave a Reply
Exclusive Usenet Offers: $7.95/month
|1||Newshosting||= Best Overall|
|2||UsenetServer||= Best Annual $95.40|
|3||Easynews||= Best for Beginners|
*Dutch users should check out this Usenet providers site
- Leaked Paper Reveals Aussie Anti-Piracy Crackdown Musings
- Expendables 3 Leaks Online, 100K+ Copies Down in Hours
- University Sets Fines & Worse For Pirating Students
- Pirate Bay Launches Mobile Site, Teases More Expansions
- Director Wants His Film on The Pirate Bay, Pirates Deliver…
- Online Store Can Sell ‘Used’ Ebooks, Court Rules
- The UK Did *NOT* Just Decriminalize File-Sharing
- Vuze Releases Leap, a Simple and Lightweight Torrent Client
- Megaupload Wants to Freeze MPAA and RIAA Lawsuits Until 2015
- Torrent Sites Stay Blocked Long After World Cup Ends